Minimum Entrance Requirement
Some programmes have more specific requirements. Qualifying examinations to test the applicants' abilities to follow the prescribed courses and/or interviews may be conducted. Applicants with qualifications other than an honours degree may be considered on their individual merits.
English Language Proficiency Test
An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to obtain one of the followings:
|TOEFL - Internet-based test (taken within 2 years)||
|IELTS - Academic Module (taken within 2 years)||
|Overseas General Certificate of Education (GCE)||
|International General Certification of Secondary Education (IGCSE)||
|Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language||
- CET-6/TEM-8 cannot be used to substitute the above tests
- Please pay attention to the valid period of your TOEFL / IELTS score, and request the Educational Testing Service (ETS) / British Council to send your official score report to the University direct in a timely manner. Original or certified copy of the Examinee's score record is not accepted. If your test is taken within a two-year period by the time you submit your MPhil / PhD application, but the ETS / British Council cannot send your official score report to the University direct due to expiry of the valid period, you are required to re-take the test or take another English language proficiency test.
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition will not be accepted.
GMAT and GRE
- Faculty of Business and Economics applicants are required to demonstrate their capability for graduate studies by obtaining satisfactory scores in the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), taken within five years
- Department of Psychology applicants whose first degree is not in Psychology are required to obtain a minimum score of 550 in the GRE’s Subject Test in Psychology taken within five years