THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
Personal Information Collection Statement
- This is a statement to inform you of your rights under the Personal
Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Personal information is provided by you as an applicant through
the completion of application forms designated for various purposes,
e.g. for admission to a programme of study, for an exchange programme,
for hall admissions, and for provision of facilities or services.
Data collected are used specifically for the purposes prescribed in
the application forms and will serve
a) as a basis for selection of applicants;
b) as evidence for verification of the applicant's examination
results, academic records and other information; and
c) where applicable, as part of the applicant's official student
In the case of (c) above, information so incorporated into student
files will be used for all purposes relating to the student's
studies as required by the relevant regulations and procedures of
- Personal data will be kept confidential and handled by the University's
staff members. The University may transfer some of the data to an
agent or other persons appointed to undertake some of its academic
and administrative functions.
- Under the provisions of the Ordinance, you have the right to request
the University to ascertain whether it holds your personal data, to
be given a copy, and to apply for correction of the data, if deemed
- Applications for access to and correction of personal data should
be made by using a special request form and on payment of a fee. Such
applications as well as requests for information should be addressed
to the Data Protection Officer, Registry, The University of Hong Kong.
- I have noted the general points pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy)
- I authorize the University of Hong Kong to use, check and process
my data as required for my application.
- I understand that upon successful application, my data will become
a part of my student record and may be used for all purposes as prescribed
under relevant rules and regulations as well as attendant procedures,
so long as I remain a student of this University.
- I declare that the information given in support of this application
is accurate and complete. I understand that any misrepresentation
will disqualify my application.