7-May-2021 - IMPORTANT: S1, 2021-22 Arrangements for RPg Students
Important message from Graduate School
Dear colleagues and research postgraduate (RPg) students,
In view of the improving pandemic situation in Hong Kong recently, I am writing to inform you about the arrangements for RPg students in Semester 1 (S1), 2021-22.
Graduate School (GS) Courses
1. We will return to face-to-face (f2f) teaching and learning for GS courses in S1, 2021-22 subject to University policies enforced at the time.
Back to Campus
2. All RPg students, including new students of 2021-22 intake, are expected to come to campus to continue / commence their studies in S1, 2021-22. All students should pay attention to the Government quarantine guidelines and different requirements on origin of travel and vaccination status, as appropriate, when they make their travel plan.
Vaccination and Precautionary Measures
3. We strongly recommend that staff and students get vaccinated for their own protection and for the protection of others. HKUMed operates one of 28 community vaccination centres at Ap Lei Chau Sports Centre (Lei Tung MTR). Online bookings can be made at all 28 centres (https://booking.covidvaccine.gov.hk/forms/index.jsp).
4. All staff and students, including those who have got vaccination, should stay alert to their health condition and continue to observe all precautionary and social distancing measures while on campus. Anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms should not come back to the campus, and should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
5. We look forward to seeing you all on campus. Please stay tuned for updates, information and advice related to the University’s activities (https://covid19.hku.hk/). Messages issued by the Graduate School are also available here. The University will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and make necessary adjustments.
6. Please continue to stay vigilant and healthy and take heed of all the necessary health precaution measures as your top priority.
Professor Frederick K.S. Leung
The University of Hong Kong